#17 Nicole Frando, 20 y/o Setter of Mapua University
1. When did you start playing volleyball?
I started playing volleyball when I was in 3rd grade. I just started in the intramural and since then I loved the game and that inspired me to play volleyball.
2. What inspired you to play volleyball?
Playing in intramural.
3. What is the most difficult part of being a setter?
The most difficult part is the decision making because setters are the play makers of the game. So its really important that whenever you decide, you decide at the split second and you have to be quick. You have to make sure that your decision is beneficial to everyone and it will really make an advantage to our team.
4. What is your favorite thing about being a setter?
My favorite part is when I see my teammates satisfied with my sets, that’s what makes me happy.
5. Who is your volleyball idol?
My idols are international players. I love watching Youtube videos from international tournaments. My most favorite is Yoshie Takeshita, she is a Japanese player, she is only 5’2. She’s very small, she’s called the smallest but the strongest setter in the world.
6. What is your best advice for new volleyball players?
I think my advice for them is, the key in volleyball is repetition, so you always have to practice your skills and the things you want to improve on.
7. What is the most challenging part of being a student athlete?
I think the most challenging part of being an athlete is procrastination. That’s the most challenging part, I mean we can do everything we want but when the procrastination strikes, its really hard to combat it sometimes.
8. What is your favorite class?
Psychology because my professors are really entertaining. They don’t only teach us lessons in school but they teach us how to understand and how to deal with people. That’s why it’s so good, I’m so lucky that I took Psychology and as well as I am playing volleyball.
9. Where is your favorite place to relax?
The only place I want to relax is in my dorm because there’s the bed and that’s where the procrastination starts most of the time.
10. What is your favorite food?